Quantcast

0.9.1 release proposal

Chris K Wensel
Hi all,

The Cascading project would be very interested in a final release of the current 0.9.1 development branch.

We are currently relying on a recent patch that has been committed, but in order to make a Cascading 3.0 final release we would need rely on a SNAPSHOT build.

So if there aren’t any outstanding blockers on 0.9.1, I would like to move that the current branch be finalized and released.

If there are objections or blockers, I’d be happy to help move any issue forward.

ckw

Chris K Wensel

Re: 0.9.1 release proposal

Chris K Wensel
That’s fair.

but to limit the trouble/confusion by our downstream projects (both open-source and commercial Cascading embedders) and to get the most bake time, I’ll need to 'fork and publish' in our public maven repo under a new group name and without the SNAPSHOT classifier.

we did this some years ago before jgrapht was in maven central.

ckw

On Mar 25, 2015, at 1:40 PM, John Sichi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sounds good; I'll try to get around to it by end of April.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Chris K Wensel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

The Cascading project would be very interested in a final release of the current 0.9.1 development branch.

We are currently relying on a recent patch that has been committed, but in order to make a Cascading 3.0 final release we would need rely on a SNAPSHOT build.

So if there aren’t any outstanding blockers on 0.9.1, I would like to move that the current branch be finalized and released.

If there are objections or blockers, I’d be happy to help move any issue forward.

ckw

Chris K Wensel

Chris K Wensel

Re: 0.9.1 release proposal

Chris K Wensel
I realized a few minutes after hitting send that independently publishing won’t really work.

now that JGraphT is in maven central, and If any users are using JGraphT or have made it an explicit dependency, they will end up with two versions in the CLASSPATH, defeating Ivy/Maven’s attempts at resolving versions.

If end of April is a hard date, we will need to revert to 0.9.0 for our release.

ckw