Quantcast

About the similarity of the 2 graphs

Viacheslav Kovalevskyi
Hi there,

I was trying to measure the similarity of the 2 graphs. Graphs are non-direct, with weighted edges. Ideally I need the measure the similarity of the graphs with the different algorithms, however if I can find implementation of at least one of them, it would solve at least part of the problem.

At the moment it does not seems from the mail list and the docs that the JGraphT supports this functionality (am i wrong?)? At the moment I'm implementing one of the algorithms from scratch on my own. But it would be awesome if my assumptions are incorrect and the JGraphT is actually supports what I need =)

Thank you in advance on any help about the topic.

Re: About the similarity of the 2 graphs

Ícaro Cavalcante Dourado
There are different ways of measuring similarity between graphs. There is not consensus, after all.
Besides, this is NP-complete, unless your graphs follow some restrictions which could lead the cost to P, for example.
I suggest you check a few recent articles about graph similarity so you will know if approximations suffice your needs.