Quantcast

Edmund blossom shrinking algorithm on weighted graph?

Edmund blossom shrinking algorithm on weighted graph?

Andrew Wong
Hello

I've been looking at the implementation of Edmund's blossom algorithm at https://github.com/jgrapht/jgrapht/blob/master/jgrapht-core/src/main/java/org/jgrapht/alg/EdmondsBlossomShrinking.java but it doesn't seem to be taking weighted edges into account, meaning it doesn't find the matches of minimum/maximum total weight. Will there be an implementation of what I described coming?

Re: Edmund blossom shrinking algorithm on weighted graph?

Joris Kinable
Well, I guess that mainly depends on whether you would be willing to contribute such an implementation :). We would love to have one! jGraphT is completely dependent on what volunteers contribute to the project, so we usually don't know who's working on what until we receive a submission. The next version of jGraphT will be released very soon, so any code submissions we'll be receiving in the next few days may still have a chance to make it to the next release (otherwise they'll be postponed the the subsequent release).

br,

Joris Kinable

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 1:03 AM, Andrew Wong <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello

I've been looking at the implementation of Edmund's blossom algorithm at https://github.com/jgrapht/jgrapht/blob/master/jgrapht-core/src/main/java/org/jgrapht/alg/EdmondsBlossomShrinking.java but it doesn't seem to be taking weighted edges into account, meaning it doesn't find the matches of minimum/maximum total weight. Will there be an implementation of what I described coming?

Re: Edmund blossom shrinking algorithm on weighted graph?

Joris Kinable

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Andrew Wong <[hidden email]> wrote:

when is this next release?