JGraphModelAdapter$ShieldedGraph is not Serializable

JGraphModelAdapter$ShieldedGraph is not Serializable

Matt Futterman
When I attempt to serialize an instance of JGraph constructed using a JGraphModelAdapter I get a java.io.NotSerializableException:
   ...java.io.NotSerializableException: org.jgrapht.ext.JGraphModelAdapter$ShieldedGraph

Looking at the source code I see:

    private class ShieldedGraph
    {
        private final Graph<V, E> graph;

        ShieldedGraph(Graph<V, E> graph)
        {
            this.graph = graph;
        }
    }

That is, the inner class ShieldedGraph does not implement Serializable. I can report this as a bug or change the source code, except I'm wondering if I'm missing something (the "right" way to serialize a JGraph) since otherwise this seems like a pretty obvious bug that would have been caught long ago. So, before I report this as a bug, etc., can anyone advise me on what would be the best way to proceed?

Thank you,
Matt

Re: JGraphModelAdapter$ShieldedGraph is not Serializable

Probably no one tested serialization after adding ShieldedGraph.  Go
ahead and create a bug (and ideally submit a pull request).

Thanks!
JVS