Labeled Edges.

discretoboy
Hi all,

I'm new using JGraphT. I need to be able to hang arbitrary information from vertex and edges. As vertex can be of any class that is not much trouble. For edges is another story as it requires to create you own edge class, factory and also graph implementation/interface that accept labels (at least at edge addition).

are there any thoughts about incorporating Labeled(Edge)Graphs in the near future, or perhaps in the Java 1.5 generic version? I may contribute my (future) code if not.

What is the function of jgrapht.LabeledElement interface? seems that is not  referenced from anywhere.

cheers, Valentin.

RE: Labeled Edges.

Welson Sun
You are right, no code in the JGraphT is implementing LabeledElement interface.

I have asked this question before, and I ended up just create my own edge class which extends DirectedEdge.

I do agree that a generic LabeledEdge is needed.

Welson

Re: Labeled Edges.

Since this question keeps coming up, I just now deleted
LabeledElement.java from CVS.  It was just causing confusion.

See my comments on Feature Request #1426276 for how I think this should
be addressed by the new generics support:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1426276&group_id=86459&atid=579690

JVS