graphbuilder classes?

While browsing the source of jgrapht, I stumbled upon a series of classes involving a GraphBuilder, dated 12-Jan-2015:
AbstractGraphBuilder.java
DirectedGraphBuilderBase.java
DirectedGraphBuilder.java
DirectedWeightedGraphBuilderBase.java
DirectedWeightedGraphBuilder.java
UndirectedGraphBuilderBase.java
UndirectedGraphBuilder.java
UndirectedWeightedGraphBuilderBase.java
UndirectedWeightedGraphBuilder.java

a. Is there a particular reason I cannot find these classes in the javadoc linked from jgrapht's website: http://jgrapht.org/javadoc/. Could it be that the javadoc hasn't been updated with the latest release of jgrapht?

b. Perhaps a bit of a sensitive point: I'm not entirely sure what these classes add to jgrapht? The majority of methods in these builder classes were already supported by the default graph classes, or through the Graphs class. The only new method I can really see is: 'addEdgeChain(V first, V second, V ... rest). I would recommend to add this method to the Graphs class, and, unless there's a valid use for these builder classes, consider to remove them from jgrapht.

Joris

Re: graphbuilder classes?

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Joris Kinable <[hidden email]> wrote:
a. Is there a particular reason I cannot find these classes in the javadoc linked from jgrapht's website: http://jgrapht.org/javadoc/. Could it be that the javadoc hasn't been updated with the latest release of jgrapht?

Looks like I must have screwed up the Javadoc refresh when I released 0.9.1, since it still says 0.9.0.  I'll look into that.

b. Perhaps a bit of a sensitive point: I'm not entirely sure what these classes add to jgrapht? The majority of methods in these builder classes were already supported by the default graph classes, or through the Graphs class. The only new method I can really see is: 'addEdgeChain(V first, V second, V ... rest). I would recommend to add this method to the Graphs class, and, unless there's a valid use for these builder classes, consider to remove them from jgrapht.

The rationale was in this pull request:

I tend to think that builders are mostly superfluous in general (not just in this case), but it's a matter of taste.

Re: graphbuilder classes?

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 11:18 PM, John Sichi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Joris Kinable <[hidden email]> wrote:
a. Is there a particular reason I cannot find these classes in the javadoc linked from jgrapht's website: http://jgrapht.org/javadoc/. Could it be that the javadoc hasn't been updated with the latest release of jgrapht?

Looks like I must have screwed up the Javadoc refresh when I released 0.9.1, since it still says 0.9.0.  I'll look into that.

I've redone the refresh, correctly this time :)