logo design

Hey all,

One of the items that came up in discussions at last weekend's GSoC mentor summit is that we really need to come up with a logo as part of the website revamp.  Since we don't have volunteers available for this, we're planning to pay for a 99designs contest using our GSoC budget.

As part of putting together the brief for designers to work from, it's helpful to have some example logos to give them an idea of what we're looking for.  We'll initially be using the logo online, but it may also find its way onto stickers, T-shirts, etc.

If you have design suggestions, or like the style of logos from other projects which would serve as good examples, please reply here.  Here are a few logos from other graph libraries; it would be nice to come up with something a little more fun/eye-catching.

Re: logo design

Joris Kinable-2
I kinda dislike the logos from the other projects. Several of them look like they were drawn by a child with a crayon... I like something a bit more sophisticated, like this:
image.png
I expect that once we have a cool logo, we'll be selling t-shirts like crazy, so it better be a nice logo ;)

Joris

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 4:51 AM John Sichi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

One of the items that came up in discussions at last weekend's GSoC mentor summit is that we really need to come up with a logo as part of the website revamp.  Since we don't have volunteers available for this, we're planning to pay for a 99designs contest using our GSoC budget.

As part of putting together the brief for designers to work from, it's helpful to have some example logos to give them an idea of what we're looking for.  We'll initially be using the logo online, but it may also find its way onto stickers, T-shirts, etc.

If you have design suggestions, or like the style of logos from other projects which would serve as good examples, please reply here.  Here are a few logos from other graph libraries; it would be nice to come up with something a little more fun/eye-catching.

Re: logo design

OK, I've kicked off the contest here:

Let me know if you have any suggested edits for the design brief.

For the first try, I selected the cheapest option.  It'll run for a week.  If we don't like any of the proposals, there's a money back guarantee; if that happens, then we'll reject them all and then restart a second contest with a higher price to attract better designs.