maven release for JDK1.5 environment

alberto trivellato
Hello JGraphT team and thanks for your great work. I would like to use the library via maven in a JDK1.5 environment: is it possible to have such a release in the maven repo (or is it already available)?
Thanks for your help
best regards

--
Alberto Trivellato

Re: maven release for JDK1.5 environment

J Kinable
Hi,

We don't have a JDK1.5 compatible version of jgrapht available under maven. We started using maven in jgrapht version 0.8.2 (27-Nov-2010). We moved to JDK1.6 about 8 years ago, in jgrapht version 0.8.0 (Sept-2008). It would take a reasonable amount of effort to make jgrapht version 0.7.3 available under maven (rolling back to this version, writing new pom's, etc). Since jgrapht 0.7.3 has significantly less functionality than the current version of jgrapht, it is not likely that many people will use jgrapht 0.7.3 in the future anymore. Hence I'm afraid that it is not really worth the trouble. My recommendation would be to install jgrapht 0.7.3 in your local maven repo is this is really a necessity.

Joris Kinable