shortest path. request for help

DORFMAN, Masha

Hello,

I’m working with JgraphT for several months and it works fine for us.

Yet maybe I miss some options or algorithms that already exist and I’m just not aware of them. Will appreciate your advice.

I'm working on path calculation for optical transport networks in SDN. Path definition comes with multiple constraints of different types. There are several constraints used as weight and/or threshold. There are vertex properties that should be the same over the path. There are ‘on turn’ conditions caused by way physical devices are translated into vertices.

Currently I use your algorithm 'KShortestPaths'. I use ‘PathValidator’ callback for all calculation when algorithm runs. E.g. accumulations for threshold, ‘on turn’ decisions. All the rest I check from resulting K paths sorted per weight.

Recently you added a new algorithm 'MartinShortestPath'. It will be very efficient if you add there a few more options:

-        Callback for ‘on turn’ decisions

-        Resulting accumulated vector that can be retrieved for chosen effective paths after run

-        A way for user to define threshold vector with max value per dimension.

Is it possible ?

Are there other algorithms or solutions in library that can help?

Thanks, Masha Dorfman

Re: shortest path. request for help

d-michail
Dear Masha,

Could you open a github issue with your requested feature enhancements for Martin's shortest path algorithm?
I will try to add them when I find some spare time.

Thanks,
Dimitrios Michail

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 10:14 AM, DORFMAN, Masha <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thank you! Will do.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 10:14 AM, DORFMAN, Masha <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sdm.link_slashdot&d=DwMFaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=_lOdJbmetoL5N2_zJRnO8K8YuSSaremI-qyaK45hUyU&m=5NqrRoYnF2gPLmJy69HKtL8bWCgB3HXMha3V3QHQrCo&s=lFEvZYd2TOWgji9puD3A15gc5dXCFQFUdRcYzJD7FRY&e=>
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jgrapht-users<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.sourceforge.net_lists_listinfo_jgrapht-2Dusers&d=DwMFaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=_lOdJbmetoL5N2_zJRnO8K8YuSSaremI-qyaK45hUyU&m=5NqrRoYnF2gPLmJy69HKtL8bWCgB3HXMha3V3QHQrCo&s=C0eNHILy1HUaGkanaMiw5XHoBrgiNjFGf0YP_GsYEH0&e=>